From the Big Apple - Back for Limmud-Oz

By Max Jared, Musician and Educator presenting at Limmud-Oz Sydney 2015

With gratitude I eagerly await the passing of the month of May, so I may return to a place I love dearly, having spent a few days with her last year.

Max Jared, Musician and Educator

No... this place is not Bondi Beach. The place I seek to return to is Limmud-Oz.

Not that there is anything wrong with the month of May - in fact in Manhattan, where I spend the rest of my time, May is the best time of the year. But as the street festivals and outdoor concerts begin in NYC, I have my kavanah focused on Sydney, where I will return to Australia to the Limmud community, and engage in a truly incredible celebration of Jewish life and learning.

I still carry memories from Limmud Fest 2014 with me - the freshness of an invigorating community of diverse souls seeking to encounter the holy through group learning - the music so good it pierced my heart and tore open my soul... but in a good way, in a way that fed my soul's dancing spirit, and drove my dancing feet (I still feel the energy of our silent disco) - and the open space for Jews of all kind to connect with, challenge, and enlighten each other. As I look back on my experiences at Limmud Fest 2014, I long to return and swim in the fishbowl of thought.

Limmud Fest 2014 Silent Disco

I am honored to be welcomed back into the Limmud-Oz this June and share engaging sessions about God, Gratitude, and Jewish Music.


See you all in Limmud-Oz!

- MAX JARED

***

Limmud-Oz - The Festival of Jewish Ideas

Festival dates: 6 - 8 June 2015 - Book NOW!

For more news and updates Like our Facebook page and Follow-us on Twitter using #LimmudFever.

Limmud is a not-for-profit, all-volunteer based event supported by the Shalom Institute. Our valuable volunteers get a generous 50% discount from any festival ticket - join our volunteering team today!

Comments